Tips for Successful Home Hunting
Finding the ideal home for you and your loved ones in a new community will be a much more enjoyable task if you’re organized, do some planning before you begin your search, and set a budget within which you can work successfully. You should begin by educating yourself about the area in which you are moving and some of the reputable realtors with whom you can partner on your quest for a new home purchase. Contact Hilary and Brad to find out why so many buyers choose The Hill Barbour Home Team to walk them through the process. Let’s take a look at some tips for making your home hunting experience an enjoyable and successful experience.
1. You should begin by determining the budget within which you can work to buy a new home. It is very advantageous to have a preapproval letter from your lender so that your realtor will know which homes to select for property tours. Remember that you don’t have to spend the amount for which you qualify; an experienced realtor can find what you want for a price that is well within your budget. If you can easily afford a payment that is just slightly above your budget, you may want to discuss with your realtor the benefits that purchasing this home would bring to the table. Need a great lender recommendation? Contact The Hill Barbour Home Team and we will find the right lender for your needs.
2. Once you have determined what you can afford, it’s time to choose the neighborhood in which you would like to live. You can consider rural areas, suburban, or urban communities depending upon your personal needs and preferences; this will also depend upon the area into which you are moving or relocating. Another factor that you will want to take into consideration is the HOA fees that you will be required to pay in some neighborhoods; be sure to check their requirements before you extend an offer on any home under the restrictions of a HOA.
3. If you have children, another important factor to consider is the school district that your children will attend. You can ask your realtor about the staff, their commitment to excellence, and the report card for the school that your child will attend. The Hill Barbour Home Team will verify all this information for you.
4. You may want to begin your search online and then ask your realtor about the homes that you have seen that interest you. Be sure to get all of the information from the listing so that your realtor can find it in the MLS without any problems. Online you can look at pictures of the home, check the amenities that accompany your purchase, and find the exact location of the home.
5. We will help you to narrow down your choices, extend an offer on the home, and negotiate an appropriate price for the home. Using his or her expertise will be a valuable asset to have working by your side throughout the entire experience.